Moeen Ali takes hat-trick to seal emphatic England win over South Africa
• Second Test, day five: England 353 & 313; South Africa 175 & 252• England win by 239 runs and lead four-Test series 2-1Despite a major work by Dean Elgar, who composed a defiant 136, England defeated th ...
Guardian Monday, 31st July 2017, 2:34PM - Read article
County cricket talking points: T20 Blast groups tight with last eight in sight
With Yorkshire leading the North Group thanks to their run rate and Glamorgan just two points ahead of Somerset and Surrey, quarter-final places are up for grabsBy Gary Naylor for the 99.94 Cricket Blog, part of the Guar ...
Guardian Monday, 31st July 2017, 1:08PM - Read article
England v South Africa: third Test, day five – live!
Over-by-over updates as England look to close out victory at the OvalEngland’s ‘intimidating’ Stokes draws comparisons to FlintoffAnd feel free to email Daniel here or tweet @DanielHarris 11.53am BST ...it looks a goodun ...
Guardian Monday, 31st July 2017, 11:53AM - Read article
England’s ‘intimidating’ Ben Stokes draws comparisons to Andrew Flintoff
• Stuart Broad says he has not seen all-rounder bowl faster• Against South Africa ‘he was pumped up for that spell’Ben Stokes saw his intimidating style of fast bowling draw comparisons with one of his predecessors, Andr ...
Guardian Sunday, 30th July 2017, 9:03PM - Read article
Showman Ben Stokes grabs centre stage with brilliant quickfire double | Ali Martin
England all-rounder dismisses Quinton de Kock and Faf du Plessis in two balls to leave South Africa on the brink of defeat in the third Test at The OvalAfter seeing what was arguably the most complete of his five Test ce ...
Guardian Sunday, 30th July 2017, 8:56PM - Read article
England turn screw on South Africa and close in on third Test victory
• Third Test, day four: England 353 & 313-8dec, South Africa 175 & 117-4• Westley, Root and Bairstow hit breezy fifties before bowlers claim early scalpsThis England side has kept us guessing this summer. ...
Guardian Sunday, 30th July 2017, 7:32PM - Read article
Hales leads Notts in epic chase
An explosive century from Alex Hales led Nottinghamshire to a thrilling victory over Yorkshire in their NatWest T20 Blast meeting at Trent Bridge.
Sky Sports Sunday, 30th July 2017, 6:26PM - Read article
Paul Allott set to leave Sky to become Lancashire’s director of cricket
• Former England bowler sits on board at Old Trafford• Allott expected to leave broadcast role after 20 yearsPaul Allott, the Sky commentator and former England seam bowler, is set to be appointed as Lancashire’s new dir ...
Guardian Sunday, 30th July 2017, 10:39AM - Read article
England v South Africa: third Test, day four – live!
Over-by-over updates as England look to build their leadRain halts England charge after Roland-Jones takes five wicketsEmail Vish or tweet @Vitu_E with your thoughts 6.46pm BST Hello. Vish will be here soon. Here’s Vic M ...
Guardian Sunday, 30th July 2017, 10:00AM - Read article
England debutant Tom Westley’s shot-making brio illuminates grey Oval day | Barney Ronay
New No3 strokes the most elegant England cover drives since Ian Bell in a cameo display likely to have won the approval of Kevin PietersenKevin Pietersen announced recently that he needed to watch a batsman for only five ...
Guardian Saturday, 29th July 2017, 7:51PM - Read article
Jimmy Anderson tips Keaton Jennings to return to form after Oval knock
• England opener hits unbeaten 34 against South Africa• ‘That might be what he needs to kickstart a good trot’Keaton Jennings has endured a rough start to his first home summer in Test cricket but has not once allowed hi ...
Guardian Saturday, 29th July 2017, 7:41PM - Read article
Rain halts England charge against South Africa after Toby Roland-Jones takes five wickets
• Third Test, day three: England 353 & 74-1; South Africa 175• England extend lead to 252, with Keaton Jennings on 34The equation has a familiar ring. The side batting last in this Test will be required to bat fo ...
Guardian Saturday, 29th July 2017, 6:21PM - Read article
England v South Africa: third Test, day three – live!
Roland-Jones makes dream debut as England take controlThe Recap: sign up and get our weekly email every FridayAnd email firstname.lastname@example.org with your musings 10.41am BST The Vernundrum“Hi Rob,” says Chris Browne. “ ...
Guardian Saturday, 29th July 2017, 10:41AM - Read article
Durham win seven-over thriller
North Group's last-placed Durham completed their first win of the NatWest T20 Blast in dramatic style at the expense of Leicestershire in a match shortened by rain to seven overs a side at Leicester's F ...
Sky Sports Friday, 28th July 2017, 11:10PM - Read article
England’s Toby Roland-Jones: ‘This is the moment every young kid dreams of’
• Middlesex seamer delighted with four-wicket burst on Test debut• Ben Stokes says of century: ‘I was just in the frame of mind to hit it’Toby Roland-Jones said he was living a boyhood dream after his four wickets on deb ...
Guardian Friday, 28th July 2017, 9:05PM - Read article
Superhero Ben Stokes shows innate ability to tilt Test England’s way | Barney Ronay
Against South Africa, Ben Stokes hit possibly the best of his five Test centuries, an innings of real craft in attack and defence, to put England in a strong positionFor Ben Stokes the demands of international sport have ...
Guardian Friday, 28th July 2017, 7:36PM - Read article
Toby Roland-Jones’s dream debut puts England in control against South Africa
• Third Test, day two: England 353; South Africa 126-8• Middlesex quick takes four wickets in first 33 balls in Test cricketIt is not easy to steal the limelight from Ben Stokes, especially when he has just become the fi ...
Guardian Friday, 28th July 2017, 7:35PM - Read article
NatWest T20 Blast recap - Jul 28
Sky Sports Friday, 28th July 2017, 5:07PM - Read article
Machan retires aged 26
Sussex batsman Matt Machan has been forced to retire from professional cricket at the age of 26, due to a "repetitive" wrist injury.
Sky Sports Friday, 28th July 2017, 2:25PM - Read article
Cricket for beginners: answering the questions you were afraid to ask – video
It has been a great summer of cricket. But with great interest comes a great many questions and cricket can be a complicated game at times. So we have put together some answers to the most commons questions from newcomer ...
Guardian Friday, 28th July 2017, 12:30PM - Read article