England v Pakistan: ICC Champions Trophy semi-final – live!
Champions Trophy updates from the first semi-finalVic Marks: England may find low-scoring Cardiff a hindranceAnd feel free to email Tom or tweet him here 10.24am BST “Whilst a fool such as I wait for the real business of ...
Guardian Wednesday, 14th June 2017, 10:24AM - Read article
Notts triumph in 834-run thriller
Brendan Taylor led Nottinghamshire into the semi-finals of the Royal London One-Day Cup with a brilliant century as hosts Somerset were defeated by 24 runs in a spectacular big-hitting contest.
Sky Sports Tuesday, 13th June 2017, 8:20PM - Read article
England turn to Bairstow for Champions Trophy semi-final against Pakistan
• Yorkshireman to replace Jason Roy as opener in only change• Jonny’s best attribute has been his relentless attitude, says Eoin MorganEoin Morgan has tipped the “relentless attitude” of Jonny Bairstow to come to the for ...
Guardian Tuesday, 13th June 2017, 6:51PM - Read article
Jonny Bairstow set to replace Jason Roy for Champions Trophy semi – video
Eoin Morgan suggests that Jonny Bairstow is in line to replace the struggling Jason Roy at the top of the England batting order for the Champions Trophy semi-final against Pakistan. Roy has found runs hard to come by so ...
Guardian Tuesday, 13th June 2017, 5:10PM - Read article
England may find low-scoring Cardiff a hindrance in Champions Trophy semi | Vic Marks
Pakistan’s lack of batsmen who clear the ropes regularly means Sophia Gardens is likely to be more suited to their ‘old England’ style in Wednesday’s semi-finalSo it is England against Asia for the Champions trophy. Agai ...
Guardian Tuesday, 13th June 2017, 3:57PM - Read article
Yorkshire v Surrey scorecard
Updates from the Royal London One-Day Cup quarter-final at Headingley. Watch live on Sky Sports 2 HD.
Sky Sports Tuesday, 13th June 2017, 1:00PM - Read article
Jos Buttler encapsulates England’s braveheart approach to risk-taking | Andy Bull
England’s batsmen now know they are allowed to fail and are protected from the old culture that saw them pilloried for playing the reverse sweepThe ball was just fine. The speed gun clocked it at 89mph, which made it one ...
Guardian Tuesday, 13th June 2017, 12:37PM - Read article
County cricket talking points: unbeaten Essex have eyes on first title since 1992
Essex top the table thanks to Tom Westley’s ton; Durham should name a stand after Paul Collingwood; and Somerset had little luck against YorkshireBy Gary Naylor for the 99.94 Cricket Blog, part of the Guardian Sport Netw ...
Guardian Tuesday, 13th June 2017, 11:17AM - Read article
Pakistan’s confidence is high for England semi-final, says Sarfraz Ahmed
• Captain’s unbeaten 61 leads his side to Champions Trophy last four• ‘We must play positively against world-class England,’ says SarfrazEngland’s Champions Trophy semi-final opponents on Wednesday will be Pakistan, who ...
Guardian Monday, 12th June 2017, 8:28PM - Read article
Pakistan see off Sri Lanka to set up Champions Trophy semi-final with England
• Sri Lanka 236; Pakistan 237-7• Pakistan won by three wicketsThere have been higher quality games of cricket in this tournament but none yet with such a taut finish. Beyond the dropped catches (there were plenty of thos ...
Guardian Monday, 12th June 2017, 6:59PM - Read article
CC: Yorkshire stun Somerset
Yorkshire denied Somerset a first Specsavers County Championship win of the season by edging a dramatic final day at Taunton to win by just three runs.
Sky Sports Monday, 12th June 2017, 6:11PM - Read article
Lancashire’s Stephen Parry takes five as Middlesex’s 21-game unbeaten run ends
• Middlesex 180 & 236; Lancashire 309 & 111 for 2• Eight wicket-win secured by Haseeb Hameed and Steven CroftA first five-wicket Championship haul for Stephen Parry and a timely knock from England opener ...
Guardian Monday, 12th June 2017, 4:51PM - Read article
England call up five uncapped players for South Africa Twenty20 series
• Liam Livingstone, Dawid Malan, Tom Curran named• Mason Crane and Craig Overton also in squadEngland have called up uncapped quintet Liam Livingstone, Dawid Malan, Tom Curran, Mason Crane and Craig Overton for their thr ...
Guardian Monday, 12th June 2017, 12:42PM - Read article
Sri Lanka v Pakistan: ICC Champions Trophy 2017 – live!
Over-by-over updates from the group-stage finale in CardiffCounty cricket live! Surrey v Essex, Somerset v Yorkshire and moreSend your thoughts to Daniel here. Tweet @DanielHarris 11.53am BST 16th over: Sri Lanka 85-3 (D ...
Guardian Monday, 12th June 2017, 11:53AM - Read article
County cricket: Surrey v Essex, Somerset v Yorkshire and more – live!
County cricket updates from around the groundsSri Lanka v Pakistan: ICC Champions Trophy 2017 – live!Email Will or tweet @willis_macp 11.43am BST Another wicket at Southport! McLaren gets Malan caught behind. The lead is ...
Guardian Monday, 12th June 2017, 11:43AM - Read article
County Championship roundup: Essex eye top spot as Surrey labour
• Simon Harmer and Jamie Porter excel with ball at Guildford• Champions Middlesex staring at defeat in LancashireSurrey’s recent record at Guildford, where they are winless since 2002, is abysmal and they require a broad ...
Guardian Sunday, 11th June 2017, 8:33PM - Read article
CCD1: Somerset chase first win
Somerset require another 161 runs with six wickets remaining on the final day to beat Yorkshire and claim their first Specsavers County Championship Division One victory of the season.
Sky Sports Sunday, 11th June 2017, 8:20PM - Read article
CCD2: Kent stay unbeaten
Yasir Shah and Mitchell Claydon stood firm for the final 7.4 overs to ensure second-placed Kent batted out the final day and secured a draw against bottom-placed Durham in Specsavers County Championship Division Two.
Sky Sports Sunday, 11th June 2017, 8:20PM - Read article
Ben Stokes: England’s swashbuckling hero strives to reach next level
• Stokes credits quality and atmospheres in IPL with helping develop his game• All-rounder hit career-best 102 against Australia in Champions TrophyBen Stokes could stride into the Champions Trophy semi-final on Wednesda ...
Guardian Sunday, 11th June 2017, 6:00PM - Read article
India overwhelm South Africa to reach Champions Trophy semi-final
• South Africa 191, India 193-2• India won by eight wicketsFront foot no-balls are not memorable. The sundries column is the last to be interrogated on a scorecard, if ever. Yet when Morne Morkel overstepped in South Afr ...
Guardian Sunday, 11th June 2017, 5:46PM - Read article