Worcs v Surrey scorecard
Scorecard from the Royal London One-Day Cup semi-final between Worcestershire and Surrey. Watch on Sky Sports 2 HD.
Sky Sports Saturday, 17th June 2017, 11:29AM - Read article
Jenny Gunn laughs off chucker taunts and trains sights on World Cup glory
England’s leading ODI wicket-taker has proved her action is legal and is driven by a fierce will to win passed down from Brian Clough via her father BrynThere are ways of measuring competitiveness in sportspeople. The mo ...
Guardian Saturday, 17th June 2017, 9:00AM - Read article
Pakistan cling to spirit of Javed Miandad rather than ghost of Chetan Sharma | Dileep Premachandran
Sarfraz Ahmed’s Pakistan have the look of destiny’s children before Sunday’s Champions Trophy final against a Virat Kohli-inspired IndiaBack in the intensely hot summer of 2005, India and Pakistan played a six-match ODI ...
Guardian Saturday, 17th June 2017, 8:00AM - Read article
Worcestershire v Surrey live on Sky
Worcestershire's 2017 Royal London One-Day Cup semi-final against Surrey is live on Sky Sports on Saturday.
Sky Sports Friday, 16th June 2017, 11:00PM - Read article
Samit Patel and Steven Mullaney guide Nottinghamshire to Cup final
• Semi-final: Essex 370-5; Nottinghamshire 373-5• Nottinghamshire reach target with three balls remainingA record 185-run fifth-wicket partnership between Samit Patel and Steven Mullaney guided Nottinghamshire into the R ...
Guardian Friday, 16th June 2017, 10:20PM - Read article
Notts make history to reach final
Samit Patel and Steven Mullaney both struck centuries as Notts Outlaws pulled off an incredible record run chase to beat Essex Eagles by five wickets and reach the final of the Royal London One-Day Cup.
Sky Sports Friday, 16th June 2017, 9:25PM - Read article
India and Pakistan promise Champions Trophy final of contrasts fit for the age | Barney Ronay
Pakistan’s rag-tag band and India’s well-grooved favourites offer a clash of styles in a showpiece that will reflect South Asia’s dominance on and off the fieldPut out more flags. Dust the cobwebs from your blue and yell ...
Guardian Friday, 16th June 2017, 6:45PM - Read article
Essex v Notts scorecard
Updates from the first Royal London One-Day Cup semi-final at Chelmsford. Watch live on Sky Sports 2 HD.
Sky Sports Friday, 16th June 2017, 1:30PM - Read article
Women’s Cricket World Cup: Australia favourites but England could go close | Vithushan Ehantharajah
Women’s cricket has made shockingly overdue forward steps since the last time England hosted the World Cup in 1993 and the tournament feels in robust shapeWhen the Australian fast bowler Cathryn Fitzpatrick retired in 20 ...
Guardian Friday, 16th June 2017, 12:17PM - Read article
Virat Kohli: composure is key in India-Pakistan Champions Trophy final
• India’s captain urges his players not to get caught up in the hype• ‘I have been very impressed, Pakistan’s turnaround has been magnificent’Virat Kohli will urge his India side to play the game not the occasion in the ...
Guardian Friday, 16th June 2017, 8:30AM - Read article
Starc injured, O'Keefe dropped for Australian Test squad to Bangladesh
Mitchell Starc to miss pre-Ashes tour of Bangladesh with foot injurySteve O’Keefe dropped as Ashton Agar and Hilton Cartwright returnAustralia have suffered a major setback ahead of this year’s Ashes, with Mitchell Starc ...
Guardian Friday, 16th June 2017, 7:41AM - Read article
India reach Champions Trophy final after victory over Bangladesh – video highlights
India will face Pakistan in the final of the Champions Trophy this weekend after beating Bangladesh by nine wickets at Edgbaston on Thursday. Chasing 265 runs, India produced a superb batting display to seal the win with ...
Guardian Thursday, 15th June 2017, 6:28PM - Read article
Joe Root says England must stick with swashbuckling style despite defeat
• Root tells England to focus on 2019 World Cup after blowing ‘golden chance’• Trevor Bayliss says England will look to widen pool of ODI playersA crestfallen Joe Root admitted England blew a “golden chance” to convert t ...
Guardian Thursday, 15th June 2017, 6:00PM - Read article
India set up Pakistan Champions Trophy final with defeat of Bangladesh
• Bangladesh 264-7; India 265-1• India win by nine wickets with 59 balls to spareThere was a rare occurrence in Birmingham. In contrast to just about everything else in the past year, the pundits were proven correct. Ind ...
Guardian Thursday, 15th June 2017, 5:49PM - Read article
Bangladesh v India: ICC Champions Trophy semi-final – live!
Champions Trophy updates from the second semi-finalVirat Kohli will take nothing for granted against Bangladesh And feel free to email Vish or tweet him here if you fancy 10.42am BST Vish will be here shortly. In the mea ...
Guardian Thursday, 15th June 2017, 9:30AM - Read article
Eoin Morgan admits to England regrets after dismal Champions Trophy exit
• Captain says worn Cardiff pitch meant ‘there was no home advantage’• Pakistan win by eight wickets to set up all-Asian final at The OvalEoin Morgan was left lamenting a lack of home advantage and his side’s inability t ...
Guardian Wednesday, 14th June 2017, 8:36PM - Read article
England’s familiar exit leaves ECB’s dream scenario out of reach
There will be a temptation to paint England’s semi-final defeat by Pakistan as a failure but that would be unfair on many levelsOh, England. Plus ça change, plus c’est the same bleeding thing all over again. Engines revv ...
Guardian Wednesday, 14th June 2017, 7:17PM - Read article
England thrashed by Pakistan in Champions Trophy semi – video highlights
Pakistan hammered England by eight wickets to reach the final of the Champions Trophy on Wednesday. England put up a modest total of 211 in Cardiff which Pakistan duly chased down and surpassed with 77 balls to spare. Pa ...
Guardian Wednesday, 14th June 2017, 6:21PM - Read article
Pakistan thrash sorry England to reach Champions Trophy final
• England 211; Pakistan 215-2 • Pakistan win by eight wickets with 77 balls to spareEngland checked out of the Champions Trophy with an embarrassing whimper in an eight-wicket semi-final trouncing at the hands of Pakista ...
Guardian Wednesday, 14th June 2017, 5:37PM - Read article
India’s Virat Kohli will take nothing for granted against Bangladesh
• No guarantees in this sport, says captain before Champions Trophy semi-final• India have got more pressure than us, adds Mashrafe Mortaza of BangladeshVirat Kohli spoke with glowing respect about India’s opponents on T ...
Guardian Wednesday, 14th June 2017, 5:20PM - Read article