England’s Eoin Morgan happy with ugly win over Australia after Scotland shock
• Finding a way over the line was important, says captain Morgan• Three-wicket ODI win useful preparation for 2019 World CupIt might not have been the prettiest win but Eoin Morgan declared England’s opening three-wicket ...
Guardian Wednesday, 13th June 2018, 9:48PM - Read article
Australia offer handshakes all round but sandpaper stunt riles Darren Lehmann
Australia pushed England hard after a poor display by their top order while their former coach’s thin skin was exposed by an investment company’s gimmickAccording to PJ O’Rourke, it’s best to affect a limp handshake. “A ...
Guardian Wednesday, 13th June 2018, 8:51PM - Read article
Eoin Morgan steers England to ODI win after Moeen puts Australia in a spin
• Australia 214; England 218-7• England win by three wickets with six overs to spareEngland won the first one-day international against Australia by three wickets. But they did so messily, in a manner hardly befitting th ...
Guardian Wednesday, 13th June 2018, 8:26PM - Read article
England v Australia: first ODI – live!
Over-by-over updates from the one-day international at the OvalEngland agree to handshakes as Paine seeks to repair Australia imageFeel free to email Adam or tweet @collinsadam 1.26pm BST 6th over: Australia 32-1 (Finch ...
Guardian Wednesday, 13th June 2018, 1:26PM - Read article
County cricket talking points: Ravi Bopara's runs require more respect
Only six players have scored more runs than Ravi Bopara in the last decade. And he hit another century for Essex this weekBy Gary Naylor for the 99.94 Cricket BlogEssex, who know a bit about winning cricket matches, disp ...
Guardian Wednesday, 13th June 2018, 12:38PM - Read article
Letter: Is golf destroying cricket? - archive, 1914
13 June 1914: Two hours’ golf or tennis will guarantee as much exercise as five hours’ cricket for the average man who is not put on to bowl and is no great batTo the Editor of the Manchester Guardian.Sir, Related: Dr WG ...
Guardian Wednesday, 13th June 2018, 5:30AM - Read article
England’s women level one-day series with comfortable win over South Africa
• England 331 for six; South Africa 262 for nine• England won by 69 runsIt was statement day for England Women and they batted accordingly, returning to the joyous style that has defined the side under the coach Mark Rob ...
Guardian Tuesday, 12th June 2018, 8:35PM - Read article
Shelley Nitschke: 'It's a good time to be involved in cricket'
The Australian women’s team’s assistant coach has benefited from a significant shift in pathways for retired players When news of the ball tampering scandal broke in March, the Australian women’s cricket team were in Ind ...
Guardian Tuesday, 12th June 2018, 7:00PM - Read article
Moeen Ali says he won’t change the way he plays in Australia ODI series
• Moeen’s dismissal was crucial during Scotland run chase• Left-hander will renew rivalry with Australia’s Nathan LyonMoeen Ali has promised to remain a free spirit with the bat during England’s series with Australia and ...
Guardian Tuesday, 12th June 2018, 6:11PM - Read article
England agree to Australian handshakes as Tim Paine seeks to repair side’s image
• Australia captain wants team handshakes before matches• Jos Buttler set to return for England in first ODIEoin Morgan, the England one-day captain, has accepted a request from his Australian counterpart, Tim Paine, for ...
Guardian Tuesday, 12th June 2018, 4:33PM - Read article
Durham clinch comeback win
Chris Rushworth claimed five-for as Durham clinched a superb comeback win over Derbyshire on day four of their Division Two Specsavers County Championship match at Emirates Riverside.
Sky Sports Tuesday, 12th June 2018, 2:56PM - Read article
Somerset go top with Notts win
Somerset moved to the top of the Specsavers County Championship as they successfully chased down Nottinghamshire's 248 to win by six wickets on the final day at Taunton.
Sky Sports Tuesday, 12th June 2018, 2:56PM - Read article
England v South Africa: second women's ODI – live!
Updates from Hove as England look to bounce backCounty cricket: follow the action around the grounds – live!Email Adam Collins here. Tweet @collinsadam 2.08pm BST 17th: England 94-1 (Beaumont 47, Taylor 11) Ntozakhe lets ...
Guardian Tuesday, 12th June 2018, 2:12PM - Read article
Scotland should be at Cricket World Cup – here’s a way they could be next time | The Spin
The thrilling win against England on Sunday showed Scotland’s potential and made a mockery of the decision to restrict the 2019 Cricket World Cup to 10 teamsThe enthralling Scottish match raised two simple questions. Why ...
Guardian Tuesday, 12th June 2018, 11:44AM - Read article
County cricket: Somerset v Nottinghamshire and more – live!
Updates from the remaining games in Divisions One and TwoBig interview: Barney Ronay meets Daniel Bell-DrummondEmail Tanya or tweet @tjaldred with your thoughts 11.11am BST Agree with those below the line, do read Barney ...
Guardian Tuesday, 12th June 2018, 11:11AM - Read article
Daniel Bell-Drummond: ‘We want people from all backgrounds coming to cricket clubs’
Daniel Bell-Drummond talks of his ambition to climb into the Test top order as well as to develop cricket in low-income areasDaniel Bell-Drummond does not get recognised much as he walks around his home streets in Catfor ...
Guardian Tuesday, 12th June 2018, 8:00AM - Read article
Channel Nine defends David Warner appointment amid criticism
‘An astounding appointment,’ says Karl Stefanovic Warner is banned from playing for ball tampering scandalIn the face of criticism, Channel Nine has defended its decision to employ the banned cricketer David Warner as pa ...
Guardian Tuesday, 12th June 2018, 1:50AM - Read article
Anya Shrubsole: ‘One loss doesn’t mean it’s all doom and gloom’
• No panic over England’s defeat to South Africa in first ODI• ‘At the World Cup we had a similar side and that went well‘It is “take two” for England’s women on Tuesday at Hove in the second one-day international agains ...
Guardian Monday, 11th June 2018, 7:19PM - Read article
Scotland target Test status ‘in a couple of years’ after historic win
• Kyle Coetzer’s side now play two T20s against Pakistan• England’s bowling depleted as they begin Australia seriesScottish cricket’s feelgood factor rolls on, with their chairman talking of a possible step up to Test st ...
Guardian Monday, 11th June 2018, 6:17PM - Read article
Surrey romp to innings win
Surrey wrapped up a comprehensive innings-and-58-run victory over Hampshire on day three of their Specsavers County Championship Division One clash at The Ageas Bowl.
Sky Sports Monday, 11th June 2018, 4:50PM - Read article