Australia aware of World Cup pressure but well set to exceed expectations | Adam Collins
<p>The accepted wisdom in the defending champions’ camp is that finishing second at the tournament in England will constitute failure</p><p>Expectations are a dish best served managed. Claudio Ranieri w ...
Guardian Monday, 26th June 2017, 3:43AM - Read article
Eoin Morgan says dropping himself from series decider was a ‘tough call’
• England captain defends his decision for final South Africa match• Vaughan tweet: ‘1-1...Series decider...and England Skipper is resting!!!!’Eoin Morgan, the England limited-overs captain, defended the controversial de ...
Guardian Sunday, 25th June 2017, 8:41PM - Read article
Dawid Malan stars on debut as England win series against South Africa
• England 181-8, South Africa 162-7; England won by 19 runs• Malan hits 78 on T20 debut in emphatic victory for EnglandDawid Malan has waited 11 years since turning professional to make the step up to international crick ...
Guardian Sunday, 25th June 2017, 6:17PM - Read article
England v South Africa: third T20 international – live!
Over-by-over updates from the series deciderEmail email@example.com with your musingsTom Curran determined to build on confident start 3.07pm BST 7th over: England 54-1 (Hales 11, Malan 32) Morris returns, perhap ...
Guardian Sunday, 25th June 2017, 3:07PM - Read article
Pink balls at night may not be every batsman’s delight | Vic Marks
All County Championship matches will be day/night this week in a pre-Test experiment but players who are colour blind may have difficultiesThere may be some splutterings from the disgusted of Tunbridge Wells, with cornfl ...
Guardian Sunday, 25th June 2017, 9:30AM - Read article
Heather Knight the first of four run-outs as India shock England in opener
• Women’s World Cup: India 281-3; England 246 (India win by 35 runs)• Fielding mistakes also prove costly in error-strewn England performanceAfter all the meticulous planning that has gone into this World Cup, it was on ...
Guardian Saturday, 24th June 2017, 8:08PM - Read article
Tom Curran determined to build on confident start in England decider
• England can clinch T20 series against South Africa in Cardiff• Dawid Malan and Craig Overton set to be handed debutsAfter their Champions Trophy semi-final meltdown against Pakistan, the England captain, Eoin Morgan, b ...
Guardian Saturday, 24th June 2017, 6:00PM - Read article
England v India: Women's Cricket World Cup – live!
Over-by-over updates from the opening match at the County GroundWomen’s Cricket World Cup: team-by-team guide to the tournamentEmail Vithushan here. Or tweet @Vitu_E 10.38am BST 1st over: India 3-0 (Raut 2, Mandhana 0) P ...
Guardian Saturday, 24th June 2017, 10:38AM - Read article
Steve Harmison: ‘I didn’t want the public to know about my depression’
The former fast bowler was the world’s best when he led England’s attack at the 2005 Ashes but tells Donald McRae he spent the peak of his cricket career battling depression and feared fans would not understand“I’ve been ...
Guardian Saturday, 24th June 2017, 8:15AM - Read article
South Africa edge England in thriller after controversial Jason Roy dismissal
• Second T20: South Africa 174-8; England 171-6• South Africa win by three runs to level series at 1-1After a hiatus of 34 years, England were welcomed back to the West Country but could not emulate the victory of 1983. ...
Guardian Friday, 23rd June 2017, 8:54PM - Read article
England v South Africa: second T20 international – live!
Twenty20 international updates from the match at TauntonWomen’s World Cup: our full guide | Harmer spins Essex 14 points clearAnd email firstname.lastname@example.org with your thoughts 4.32pm BST There are two debutants in t ...
Guardian Friday, 23rd June 2017, 4:34PM - Read article
England hit by Lauren Winfield injury on eve of Women’s World Cup
• Opener and wicketkeeper will miss India opener with wrist injury• Winfield injured during England’s warm-up win over New ZealandEngland have suffered a setback in the Women’s World Cup. Lauren Winfield will miss Saturd ...
Guardian Friday, 23rd June 2017, 2:45PM - Read article
Women’s sport is coming in waves and ready to shine during biggest summer | Andy Bull
With the Cricket World Cup, Euro 2017 and the Rugby World Cup all upon us and live on TV, can the cycle of underexposure finally be broken?Women’s sport sometimes seems to run along a parallel timeline, one that lags beh ...
Guardian Friday, 23rd June 2017, 11:19AM - Read article
Henry Blofeld to retire after 45 years of cricket commentary on BBC radio’s TMS
• ‘Blowers’ to finish after England v West Indies in September• ‘All good things come to an end,’ says the 77-year-oldHenry Blofeld will retire from his role as commentator on the BBC Radio 4’s Test Match Special program ...
Guardian Friday, 23rd June 2017, 8:42AM - Read article
Marsh joins Yorkshire for T20s
Shaun Marsh will join Yorkshire for this summer's NatWest T20 Blast.
Sky Sports Friday, 23rd June 2017, 7:18AM - Read article
Ireland to seek talks over Lord’s Test after being granted full-member status
• Ireland and Afghanistan are granted full-member status of ICC• Cricket Ireland chief cites ‘25,000 bums on seats at Lord’s in May’Ireland will hold talks with the England and Wales Cricket Board over a possible Lord’s ...
Guardian Thursday, 22nd June 2017, 9:31PM - Read article
County Championship roundup: Simon Harmer spins Essex to victory
• Essex 14 points clear after condemning Warwickshire to innings defeat• Lancashire move into second and Durham beat GlamorganHaving played half their games, promoted Essex sit 14 points clear atop the County Championshi ...
Guardian Thursday, 22nd June 2017, 8:13PM - Read article
England’s Stuart Broad doubtful for South Africa Test with heel injury
• Pace bowler withdrew from Nottinghamshire’s win against Leicestershire• England face South Africa at Taunton for the second Twenty20 on FridayStuart Broad is waiting to learn the full extent of a mystery heel injury th ...
Guardian Thursday, 22nd June 2017, 8:00PM - Read article
Jayawardene pulls out of T20 Blast
Mahela Jayawardene will not play in this year's NatWest T20 Blast for "personal reasons", Lancashire have confirmed.
Sky Sports Thursday, 22nd June 2017, 7:27PM - Read article
Anderson four-for seals win
Lancashire overcame an early rain delay to complete a dominant innings-and-30-run victory against Hampshire.
Sky Sports Thursday, 22nd June 2017, 4:21PM - Read article