Somerset County Ground
Seating capacity: 6,500
Ends names: River End, Old Pavilion End
When Somerset County Cricket Club was formed in August 1875, its founders originally did not want to have a home ground, but rather take their matches to different grounds around Somerset.
In 1881 the Taunton Athletic Club opened a sports centre on the Priory Fields next to the River Tone, and the following year Somerset CCC adopted it as their home ground.
The club was awarded first-class status in 1891 and has been based at the Taunton ground ever since, buying the ground in the late 19th century.
County Cricket News October 2009
St James Road, Taunton, Somerset TA1 1JT
Source(s): CricketArchive, Somerset CCC