Lord's Cricket Ground
Teams: Middlesex | Marylebone Cricket Club
Seating capacity: 28,000
Ends names: Pavilion End, Nursery End
Named after its founder Thomas Lord (1755–1832), a bowler with White Conduit Cricket Club in Islington, the original cricket ground was located on the site of today' Dorset Square. The Marylebone Cricket Club (MCC) was formed shortly after, and the laws of the game codified. In 1814 the MCC and Lord's moved to its current location in St John's Wood.
In the latter half of the nineteenth century the MCC decided to get involved in county cricket, which was growing in popularity, and in 1877 invited Middlesex County Cricket Club to adopt Lord's as its home ground, an arrangement which continues to this day.
County Cricket News October 2009
St. John's Wood Road, St. John's Wood, London NW8 8QN
Source(s): CricketArchive, MCC