Sussex County Ground
Seating capacity: 4,000
Ends names: Cromwell Road End, Sea End
The Club has used four cricket grounds in Brighton & Hove - matches were played on a ground donated by the then Prince Of Wales and the ground was fittingly called 'The Prince of Wales Ground (where Park Crescent now lies), Temple Fields (where Montpelier Crescent now lies), Royal Brunswick Ground (where Third and Fourth Avenues are situated) and finally in 1871 the ground in Eaton Road was acquired from the Trustees of the Stanford Estate. Turf from the Royal Brunswick Grounds was transferred and re-laid on the square.
The first County match was played at Eaton Road on 6 June 1872 against Gloucestershire. As well as the County Ground, Hove, the Club's First and Second XI regularly play around the County, the grounds at Horsham, Eastbourne and Arundel Castle playing host to First XI fixtures.
County Cricket News October 2009
Eaton Road, Hove, East Sussex BN3 3AN
Source(s): CricketArchive, Sussex CCC