Guildford Cricket Club Ground
Seating capacity: 4,500
Ends names: Railway End, Pavilion End
Guildford Cricket Club was formed int 1866 using a ground around the current law courts.
It was disbanded in 1914 due to the outbreak of the Great War but re-formed in 1922.
Surrey CCC started playing first-class matches at the Sports Ground in Woodbridge Road in 1938, but all cricket was once again interrupted by the outbreak of war in 1939 and did not return to the ground until 1946.
County Cricket News October 2009
The Sports Ground, Woodbridge Road, Guildford, Surrey GU1 4RP
Source(s): CricketArchive, Guildford CC