Derbyshire County Ground
Seating capacity: 9,500
Ends names: Grandstand End, Scoreboard End
Established in 1863, the Derbyshire County Cricket Ground, also known as the Racecourse Ground, has been the home of Derbyshire County Cricket Club since at least 1871.
Prior to its use for cricket, the ground originally hosted horse racing. It also held Derby County Football Club games until 1895, one international in 1895 (England 9-0 Ireland) and the first FA Cup final outside of London in 1896 (Blackburn Rovers 2-0 West Bromwich Albion). Permanent floodlights were installed at the County Ground in July 2004.
County Cricket News October 2009
Nottingham Road, Derby, Derbyshire DE21 6DA
Source(s): CricketArchive, Derbyshire CCC