Seating capacity: 7,000
Ends names: Lake End, Pavilion End
The Queen's Park in Chesterfield was established in 1897 for Queen Victoria's diamond jubilee although the first game was played there three years previously on 5 May 1894. The ground served as Derbyshire CCC's home-ground from 1898 to 1998 when the club moved to the County Ground in Derby. Derbyshire CCC returned to The Queen's Park in 2006 using it as their out-ground following a £4m restoration.
The Queen's Park has a small pavillion which is home to Chesterfield Cricket Club and is regarded as one of the prettiest settings for cricket in the world. The ground is relatively small which can allow quick scoring, although it can also provide a green wicket due to it being slow to dry after rain.
County Cricket News October 2009
Boythorpe Avenue, Chesterfield, Derbyshire S40 2ND
Source(s): CricketArchive, Chesterfield Borough Council