Arundel Castle Cricket Club Ground
Ends names: Park End, Castle End
The ground is a 3.5 acre amphitheatre built in 1895 by the 15th Duke of Norfolk. His son Bernard, the 16th duke, carried on the tradition and arranged cricket for players from all levels of the sport. In 1975, after Duke Bernard's death, his widow, Lavinia, Duchess of Norfolk, encouraged by family and friends, decided to keep cricket going at Arundel Castle and for this purpose the Friends of Arundel Castle Cricket Club (F.A.C.C.C.) was formed. The Ground is generally acknowledged to be one of the most beautiful anywhere in the world and provides a lovely setting for players and spectators alike.
"The Arundel Castle Cricket Foundation which was formed in 1986 took a major step forward in 1989 when, through the great generosity of the late Sir Paul Getty, building work began on an Indoor Cricket School at the Arundel Castle ground. It was completed in 1990 and formally opened on August 2nd 1991 by H.R.H. The Prince of Wales. Since then many hundreds of youngsters have benefitted from the outstanding facilities."
County Cricket News October 2009
Arundel Park, Arundel, West Sussex BN18 9LH
Source(s): CricketArchive, Arundel Castle CC